• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Timing cover bolts

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
88 4.0. On the passenger side of the timing cover there are 3 bolts that also attach the alternator bracket. 1 is about 3" and 2 are about 4". I need one of the longer ones and they are no longer available through the dealer. I found one at 4wd hardware, but I have to buy the entire engine kit in stainless. Not gonna happen. I also tried the local auto parts stores with no luck. Any thought on where I might find one of these other than the junkyard? TIA

On the HO engines the bolts have a little shoulder at top and aren't something you'll find in an off-the-shelf catalog. I'd do my best to get the real thing, either from a junkyard or from a part-out. There are some jeep-only junkyards if you want that info.

Joe: I hadn't even thought to look there. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they have what I need. Thanks though.
Ehall:I have an all Jeep junkyard about 30 mins north of me but the guys got some fairly crappy hrs. If nothing else I'll probably hit up the pull-a-part on Saturday. Just thought it might be easier to find a new one somewhere. Thanks.

Back