• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper blade tension

gba88

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys,
Finally got a new windshield in my 96 this weekend. It seems as though the new windshield sits out just slightly (probably millimeters), but it's enough that the wiper blades don't want to return to their resting position unless I use a bunch of washer fluid.

Blades are new and everything is clean, I'm sure this is due to the sealant around the windshield causing it to sit outwards more than it did before.

So anyway, I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the tension on the arms? I'm thinking there isn't. I searched, and couldn't find much on the subject. I'm just a little worried for the motor because you can tell it's being strained when you have the heater on because when it's running you can hear the fan speed drop while the wipers are going due to the current draw. Thanks for any help.

Bend the wiper arm a little bit. Use car wax on the windshield.

Bend the wiper arm a little bit. Use car wax on the windshield.

Huh.... never even thought of the simplest thing.... bending it! I had them off and looked at them, but while searching for a tension screw or something, I never even thought of that! Thanks for the post :)

Back