• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blinkers

xrayjeeper83

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a 90xj 2 days ago and cant seem to get the blinkers to work correctly. I have replaced the relay that is in the fuse block(the only one I could locate). What is happening is that when I turn on my blinkers they just stay on, they dont blink at all. The hazards work correctly though.

Im not very good with electronics and Im stumped please help.

There are separate flashers for the turn signals and hazard lamps.

Some people are a real pain in the buttski! :D :D

Looking up under the dash, driver's side, in the fuse box there are two--one in the upper right corner, one in the lower left corner.

Upper right = E-flasher; lower left = turn signal.

When you have the old mechanical cans you can feel them cycling.

well, if all the lights blink when the flashers are on, that would indicate the bulbs are fine.

do the turn signal bulbs light up but dont blink, or do they not come on at all?

if they turn on but dont blink, power is going to the flasher and out of the flasher. double check that you indeed changed the correct flasher. if the hazzards work, remove the flasher for the hazzards and swap that flasher into the socket for the turn signal flasher. could have bought a bad/wrong flasher.

does the turn signal stalk cancel out when the steering wheel is turned back to the center possition?

welp that seems to have done the trick, I switched the relays and they work. Now I just have to figure out why both indicators (not the blubs themselfs) light up when I turn on my headlights. They are real dim but are lite up some. when I push the hazard button in some they go out so I think I need to go to the junkyard and get a new button.

When the indicators light up or glow, it usually is traceable to a bad front bulb socket........they are available in the help section at most auto supply stores as Ford sockets.

Back