• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker Replacement?

ColoCherokees

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at a '98 for sale, and in the pics online, I can see that the driver's side rocker is dented pretty significantly. It's right behind the front fender flare, and is about a foot/foot and a half long - hard to tell, but looks to be smashed in a good inch or two. The surrounding sheetmetal/door either didn't get hit, or has been fixed.

My first question is if anyone knows how much a shop would charge to fix it properly. Seond question is just how much the structure is compromised with this kind of damage - significant/unsafe?

EDIT: This would be a daily driver, and I wouldn't do the square tube type replacement (saw those threads in the modified forum).

Last edited:
I've recently seen a thread about H.D. Offroad developing / selling a 3/8" rocker replacement. You might search for that thread. It would be a good option and prevent this type of damage in the future.

Those'd be a great option, but looks like they're not making them anymore. Plus, I'd have to pay to have someone else do the welding and body work. Nice find, though.

Back