• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD harness with HID's

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Ok,got my HID kit in today and I am planning on installing those along with an HD harness. I noticed the HID kit as one plug to plug in to the input for the factory part. I am assuming i can run just one output of the two on the HD harness and be ok. Am I correct?

um wut?

is your h4 kit hi/lo or single beam?

for my single beam, i used a h4 hi/lo wiring harness based on go-jeep, then later upgraded to HID, if i had to do it again, i would completely ditch the h4 harness and just wire it straight to the HID's, without the h4 socket.... the consequence of the way i wired it is, i could swap in a stock sealed bulb, or a regular h4 bulb if i was out on the road and one went out.

no...most headlight bulbs run at that watt....but you should get a Harness and relay to run the balasts (included in kit)...so all the stock plug does is trip the relay which takes power directly from the battery to feed the balasts....I own 2 kits.

Last edited:
no...most headlight bulbs run at that watt....but you should get a Harness and relay to run the balasts (included in kit)...so all the stock plug does is trip the relay which takes power directly from the batter to feed the balasts....I own 2 kits.

OK. I'm kinda pissed at that HD harness anyways. Its making my lights do funny things. The kit came with the hi/lo controller that looks somewhat similar to the HD harness minus relays.

ya i meant vary......in design that is...

OK, just checking. It is a saturday night. There usually drinking involved with most people. Not me though. I walk bad enough as it is! :cool:

HIDs use less watts and draw less current... If you are doing HIDs you won't need a HD harness, the stock one will be fine

Thanks. I know they don't use a lot while operating but when they are being ignited they do use a lot of current. Don't want any fires going on you know what I mean.

Back