• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCalFest T-Shirt Design Contest

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Hello all,

We will be holding a T-Shirt design contest for the SoCalFest event t-shirts!

[FONT=&quot]Design Guidelines[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Design can represent XJ/MJ wheeling in Big Bear or mountainous regions with pines.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Your design should include the words SoCalFest 2010, SoCal Chapter, or NAXJA SoCal Chapter. Event date can also be included but not necessary/[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The shirt should be something that someone would want to wear even if they didn’t attend the event. Make it cool…[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Ideally, the design should have a graphic for the back of the t-shirt and smaller text or small graphic for the front pocket area (though the shirt will not have any pockets).[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]You can submit as many designs as you want.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Your design must be wholly original. By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it, and that it does not contain any copyright material. We don’t want to be sued by the original artist. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Design Specifications[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Designs should be in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphic). Accepted formats are EPS, Illustrator, Inkscape (Open Source) or another professional design program. If you use another means to make your design, you must be prepared to provide print-ready files of the design should you win. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Your design should contain a maximum of four (4) colors (plus the shirt color). We are planning for 3 color.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Assume the t-shirt colors will be neutral or earthy tones like Beige, Green, but they may also be in blue, black, maroon, etc.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Your submission should be a PDF file no larger than 5MB. If you win we will ask you for the high resolution files. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Submission Agreement[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Any submitted designs become the property of NAXJA. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The Chapter will have all rights to the winning design. By submitting you agree that if your design wins, it can be used by NAXJA for the T-Shirt and other promotional items. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]All submitted designs may also be used for future events.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The winner will receive a prize of 2 free t-shirts of any size and one dinner. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]We reserve the right to make adjustments to the winning design.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]You must submit your design by midnight on March 15th, 2010 by emailing your PDF to djblade311 at yahoo dot com.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]First round judging will be conducted by Chapter BOD to narrow down entries. The top entries will be judged by use of a membership poll available to all SoCal Chapter members. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]By submitting you are agreeing to all contest rules.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Let me know if anyone has any questions and good luck to all!

havent received any entries yet. calling all designers!

only a week left to submit your designs. Here was last years shirt design to give you some ideas:

10-50.jpg

we've received one submission and the design is funny. Hurry up peepz!

It's adorable, it's funny, and would be great to use if we had enough interest to offer a separate design for kids' shirts =). Maybe we can get some shirts made with that design for the SoCal Chapter store...

But let's get the SoCalFest shirts designed & made first!!

I was just trying to do my part. It was the best I could do with a laptop touchpad and Microsoft paint lol. Wow I never realized I've never posted here! I've been lurking for a long time. I've been toying around with the family cherokee since my '78 F250 is nowhere close to passing smog laws. And I've been lovin it. Hope to see you all at SOCALFEST!

Last edited:
I was just trying to do my part. It was the best I could do with a laptop touchpad and Microsoft paint lol. Wow I never realized I've never posted here! I've been lurking for a long time. I've been toying around with the family cherokee since my '78 F250 is nowhere close to passing smog laws. And I've been lovin it. Hope to see you all at SOCALFEST!

I like it even for our primary shirt!
Someone post a copy of here will ya?

If nobody comes up with a graphic design, can we at least have "words" that say
"NAXJA SoCalFest 2010 Big Bear blah blah blah...." maybe in some kind of cool font,
I don't know, like the "M" on Monster drink cans, or ?????

Back