• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camera Question

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I thought I would put this here since a lot of you take pictures and are camera nuts. I was looking at camera today and I was looking at the Fuji FinePix S1500. It looks like a decent camera and its under 175 shipped. Anything I should know about Fuji Cameras? My old camera eats batteries and just doesn't take all that good of pictures as its just a point and shoot. I am trying to get a decent camera and just cant afford 500-700 for a DSLR right now. I will also consider the S2000 which shoots HD photos and video.

Last edited:
I think their S series cameras are pretty nice. The specs on both of those are better than my old S7000, and I'm mostly happy with that with only 6.3 mp and 6x non-stabilized zoom. It definitely takes better pictures than my 9 mp E900. It also uses the AA batteries like those do, and I get pretty good life out of them.

I would lean towards the HD one for useable video.

I think their S series cameras are pretty nice. The specs on both of those are better than my old S7000, and I'm mostly happy with that with only 6.3 mp and 6x non-stabilized zoom. It definitely takes better pictures than my 9 mp E900. It also uses the AA batteries like those do, and I get pretty good life out of them.

I would lean towards the HD one for useable video.

Thats what i was thinking John but I don't know. The S1500 seems to be liked a lot more than the S2000HD. I'm gonna think on it tonight and I gotta make sure it will be here before WF so it will be ordered soon.

Any reason you are looking at Pentax?

Unless you have some serious money in Pentax lenses I would run away fast.

My dad and I have used Pentax film cameras for ever and when they came out with digital bodies my dad went that route. From what I have seen Pentax has not been keeping up with Nikon and Canon when it comes to cutting edge tech. Their low light capabilities suck, there is very little third party support, their RAW files are goofy.

I would take a serious look before you decide to go this route.

S2000HD and HD cable for the TV on the way. I like the fact i can take decent video with it. I'll bring one card for Photos and a bigger card for Videos! :D I have a 2gb, 4gb, and a 1gb from my phone with an adapter for back up!

Any reason you are looking at Pentax?

Unless you have some serious money in Pentax lenses I would run away fast.

My dad and I have used Pentax film cameras for ever and when they came out with digital bodies my dad went that route. From what I have seen Pentax has not been keeping up with Nikon and Canon when it comes to cutting edge tech. Their low light capabilities suck, there is very little third party support, their RAW files are goofy.

I would take a serious look before you decide to go this route.

The stuff I've read on the new K-x said the low light stuff was impressive, they have 11 point autofocus and you can still use any assortment of older lenses you might find used.

It shoots at 4.7 frames per second and takes video in 720p, if you need that sort of thing. I don't know much about the RAW stuff, other than what I've read, but supposedly it shoots some of the best quality jpegs for it's price range.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/page29.asp

Amazon has them on sale from time to time for $650-700 with a 18-55 and a 55-300 lense.

Back