• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locker ideas

chris_conant

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody running an Aussie Locker. How are they? I have Chrysler 8.25 rear 29 spline. Want to get locker but need to do it on a budget base. Ideas thoughts?

Search, my friend, search.

Covered a Bazillion times.

Scroll down the page and there are links already for you.

From what most say, Aussie Locker = best bang for the buck. Unless you are willing to throw down the cash for a full detroit carrier locker.

I would put one in the front first. I have them F/R and the Front seems to make the most difference and you won't notice it on the street.

Since this has come up 100 times, I figure I can sidetrack this thread a bit:

I have a 92' -- that has a HP non-disco D30, right?

Should be.

The disco's ended in 91' as far as I know, debating on whether or not to get an aussie as well.

I have one in the front with my D30 disco and Posi-Lok, open D35 in the rear (looking for 8.8 with 3.73 gearing).

Aussie's lockers are awesome. There is also a new yukon locker called the spartan that is less expensive than others.

I have the Spartan locker up front and it seems good and only cost me a touch over $200. I was advised against putting a non-selectable locker in the rear.

First wheeling trip with it is in two weeks so I have not tested it out on anything other than the neighbor's front lawn, but it is fine for every day 2-wheel driving. Makes some clanks and clunks during tight turns and backing, but that was to be expected and I don't mind it at all. That comes with the cheaper locker and not the selectable locker, right?

I have the Spartan locker up front and it seems good and only cost me a touch over $200. I was advised against putting a non-selectable locker in the rear.

First wheeling trip with it is in two weeks so I have not tested it out on anything other than the neighbor's front lawn, but it is fine for every day 2-wheel driving. Makes some clanks and clunks during tight turns and backing, but that was to be expected and I don't mind it at all. That comes with the cheaper locker and not the selectable locker, right?

Where praytell did you get your aussie from? I've been through the Naxja Sponsors and couldn't find it from anyone. I've heard nothing but good things about the Aussie.

I would like to put at least one in mine, probably the front. Then use the OEM Lockright for my Chrysler 8.25. Should be a nice combo. Both can be had for less than 550 combined.

Phil

Where praytell did you get your aussie from? I've been through the Naxja Sponsors and couldn't find it from anyone. I've heard nothing but good things about the Aussie.

I would like to put at least one in mine, probably the front. Then use the OEM Lockright for my Chrysler 8.25. Should be a nice combo. Both can be had for less than 550 combined.

Phil

http://www.aussielocker.com/

I think they own/manage their own distribution. Havn't seen them anywhere except the aussie website.

i run an aussie in the rear but wouldnt recommend one in the front with bigger tires and a heavy foot on the trail. i learned the hard way. just ordered a detroit

:D

"Inexpensive" and "ARB" never belong in the same sentence, paragraph, or even entire post.

Back