• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will Moabs fit?

pajeepman

NAXJA Forum User
I have tried alot searching/goggling and haven't found a good answer.

My Jeep is a stock 2000 XJ sport. I currently have some 225/70/16's Deuler HLs on stock XJ Icon rims. I like the look but am toying with getting some TJ Rubicon Moabs with 245/75/16's. I KNOW the 245's would rub like mad, I would put those on my GF's truck and put some 235/70 Goodyear Forteras on them for my XJ(already have them, bought 2 weeks before I found the Icons). I'd remount the Deulers but they shouldn't go on an 8" wide rim. Anybody have any clue how they would fit. I do plan on doing a small spacer or ZJ spring and shackle lift to the Jeep this spring. Any helpful info would be great. I know the backspacing should be .25" different but the rim width is also 1" different(Moabs are 8" with 5" BS Icons are 7" with 5.25"BS if I am correct)

(not sure if this is in the right catagory or not??? I think it is)

Last edited:
You might not have any rubbing issues with the Moabs and 245s--give them a try. I have 255/60/15s on the 15x7" 5.25"bs and still have an inch clearance from the leave spring and it doesn't hit the control arms at full lock.

Back