• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tcase question

G.P_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
When i pulled the tcast out of my parts jeep i took a good look at it and might have an idea, could you keep the stock output shaft seal on there from the slip yoke insted of buying a seprate seal but still drill and tap it ?

70xdsj.jpg

Last edited:
If I understand your question correctly, you intend to drill and tap the end of the shaft that is in your t case now and install a yoke with a bolt and washer right? I don't see why that wouldn't work.

That seal will seal against the outside surface of the yoke, so it depends on what yoke and driveshaft you use. A couple of the benefits of an SYE are shortening the output shaft so the driveline is longer, and getting a larger/stronger output shaft. Really look at the cost comparison of a real SYE against what you'd spend to do what you're thinking about to see if it's really worth the small cost savings. I thought someone posted that Advanced Adapters had a sale on their SYE for $199. For a shorter shaft and 32 spline output you just can't justify doing a hack and tap for that price.

I thought someone posted that Advanced Adapters had a sale on their SYE for $199.

Why does everything go on sale AFTER I buy?

Compare the stock NP231 output shaft with the AA output shaft. It is a thing of beauty. Why WOULDN'T you want to treat your beloved XJ to a wonderfully machined part like that?

ry%3D400

If I understand your question correctly, you intend to drill and tap the end of the shaft that is in your t case now and install a yoke with a bolt and washer right? I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Yeah thats exactly what i was thinking.

Back