• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CSF 2-Row Radiator Parts

driggs

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered a CSF 2-Row radiator from RadiatorBarn.com and now need to order the associated parts to get it installed. I assume that the coolant and heater hoses and clamps are all OEM, but I'm not sure what parts I need to hook up the transmission oil cooler - can anyone tell me exactly what hoses, clamps, and ?? I need to order for this?

Also, it was recommended to me that because I've got higher mileage (185k) on my 2001 XJ, I ought to go with a 180-deg thermostat and an R28 7lb lever-cap... any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Shouldn't have to do anything but bolt it up.

What's different?

Mileage has nothing to do with what thermostat to run, run the stock thermostat.

Go to your local parts store and get an upper and lower hose along with new hose clamps (4) if your old ones don't look good. I prefer Breeze made in the USA stainless clamps. Also get 1 or 2 smaller diameter clamps in case you need to (you probably will) cut off the trans "quick" disconnect fitting on the lower trans cooler line. The upper line is a simple threaded connection that will bolt right up to the cooler in your new radiator. Make sure you look over the heater hoses to ensure they're not leaking because they're easy to replace while you have everything out.

I just installed a CSF 2-row about a month ago and it was a piece of cake after I gave up on the quick disconnect, cut it off and attached it with a hose clamp.

WOW I did this on my 2001 about 3 months ago. I also got my CSF-2 from radiator barn. And yes you shode have the right clamps already. the one on the tran-cooler snaps on-off ( you may need a special tool to remove it). At the time I did not know this,.. And I ended up cutting the metal line on the new radiator and used a small hose clamp to hold the tran-cooling line on.

Do not forget about the spring in one of the old coolant hoses. I never fond a new hose with it already . So you will have to reuse the old spring.

My stock XJ doesn't appear to have a transmission oil cooler; I won't need extra hoses and fittings to route from the tranny into the radiator?

I'm new at this, please pardon the elementary questions! I couldn't find detail in another thread by searching, if you can point me to a good writeup it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

My stock XJ doesn't appear to have a transmission oil cooler; I won't need extra hoses and fittings to route from the tranny into the radiator?

I'm new at this, please pardon the elementary questions! I couldn't find detail in another thread by searching, if you can point me to a good writeup it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It doesn't have a stand alone oil cooler, it uses the driver side tank of the radiator. Get underneath your Jeep and you'll see what we're talking about. You'll know what line we're saying to cut off at the quick disconnect because that will be the only fitting that you won't be able to take apart because you don't have the tool.

I installed that same radiator on my '01 and the only problem I had is that the metal tube for the lower trans line on the new radiator was slightly larger in diameter and I had to use a file all the way around it to get the quick disconnect fitting back on.

Back