• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PSC sg621m (3.125") and 4-bolt conversion

Frédéric CM

NAXJA Forum User
Hi there,

I have a '01 Limited and my stock steering box is almost dead, and i was thinking about switching to this one : http://www.pscmotorsports.com/sg621...ar-p-88.html?zenid=tcugj12vrdsb33dqbcb9b8qs23
what you guys think of it ? since i'll have bigger tires soon (probably 33") i think it can be a good upgrade.

for the 4 bolt conversion, wich one is the better ? JCR (have a passenger bracket), T&T ? C-Rok have a plate that bolt to the swaybar mount too, does it really add strenght ?

Thanks for your help !

Last edited:
Performance steering boxes are always a good upgrade, and PSC is proven with good parts and good customer service.

[FONT=&quot]
Hi there,
I have a '01 Limited and my stock steering box is almost dead, and I was thinking about switching to this one: http://www.pscmotorsports.com/sg621...ar-p-88.html?zenid=tcugj12vrdsb33dqbcb9b8qs23
What you guys think of it? Since I'll have bigger tires soon (probably 33") I think it would be a good upgrade.
For the 4-bolt conversion, which one is the better? JCR (have a passenger bracket), T&T ? C-Rok has a plate that bolt to the swaybar mount too, does it really add strength? Thanks for your help !

I have run a SG621 for about two years (25,000 miles) on my XJ with 33's.
A C-ROK 3-bolt inner brace was used, along with the bumper mount side plates, to reinforce the frame. I had to add a washer to each bolt, between the box and inner brace, to provide clearance for the larger diameter of the box to prevent the box from being pressed into the frame.

The steering is very powerful, allowing two finger steering, even at low speeds. I did find the stock pump did not provide enough flow at idle and had to upgrade to a PSC pump, which cured the problem.
I did have a problem with the original SG621 binding in one spot but PSC immediately sent a new one and paid the return UPS fee on the old.
Great customer service![/FONT]

Back