• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can someone help me out

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2000 cherokee 4.0I6 np231 with an aw4 and 4.56 gearing and 33in. tires. So my question is, for every mile i go, how many miles am i really going?

I could swear I answered this in your last thread, or at least posted how to calculate it.

i have a 2000 cherokee 4.0I6 np231 with an aw4 and 4.56 gearing and 33in. tires. So my question is, for every mile i go, how many miles am i really going?

is this a trick question? cause if your going one mile, then your really going one mile?

but seriously your gunna be ~6% deeper then stock gearing

if you go one mile, your really going one mile. :twak:

what weighs more, one pound of feathers or one pound of gold?

i have a 2000 cherokee 4.0I6 np231 with an aw4 and 4.56 gearing and 33in. tires. So my question is, for every mile i go indicated on the odometer, how many physical miles have I actually traveled?

Fixed. :rolleyes:

If you're interested in correcting your speedometer and odometer, see this link for what you need to make that happen.

i know i posted this before and i forgot to post in that thread again :(
but why i asked if i go one mile on my odometer how many miles have a really gone.

because in my earlier post i had 3.55 gearing and now i have 4.56, and i guy said that if i go 150 miles i have really gone 180 miles.

so that being said 1 mile really would be a little bit more that just one mile lol

hey i am just trying to figure this out lol
someone said that with bigger tires and not having a new speedo gear that the milegae is incorrect on the stock speedo

hey i am just trying to figure this out lol
someone said that with bigger tires and not having a new speedo gear that the milegae is incorrect on the stock speedo

Yep. Now, you changed gears and or tires twice? You need to restate the entire situation from the git go.

What were the original gears? Did you change tire sizes? Have you made any speedo gear changes?

Step by step by step--you were there, none of us were, so you have to explain it slowly.

This would be a good time to mention it might have been clearer if you had revived the original thread if it was related.

ok i have 33inch tires, stock speedo and i was running 3.55 gearing now i am running 4.56 gearing and 33in tires

im not sure cuz when i bought my jeep it came with 33's.
but it had a d35 in it before i swapped it out and it was the swd model if that helps and it a 2000 cherokee sport

Back