• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift shackles that provide less than an inch of lift?

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any lift shackles that provide 1/2"-3/4" lift? I know there are 1", 1.5", and 2" but anything less than an inch?

I have 4" springs and want an additionaly 1/2" to 3/4" to equal the front 4.5".

Can you even see that much of a difference? At that point I'd just go with 1" lift shackles (MJ stock ones like SDHREDXJ said) and then put more trail spares and gear in the back than normal.

Can you even see that much of a difference? At that point I'd just go with 1" lift shackles (MJ stock ones like SDHREDXJ said) and then put more trail spares and gear in the back than normal.

That or put another short leaf on the bottom to act like a spacer. That should give you the 1/2 inch.

I full tank of gas will move the XJ more that 1/2 an inch.

I have Tomken 1/2" shackles, and I think there are 3/4" shackles out there. You can also do shackle relocation brackets, although those may give you more than an inch.

I have Tomken 1/2" shackles, and I think there are 3/4" shackles out there. You can also do shackle relocation brackets, although those may give you more than an inch.

Where did you buy tomkin 1/2" shackles?

With my usual cargo in the back the springs sit at exactly 4" whether the tank is full or not.

Stock XJ shackles are 3.250 OA. Each additional inch of shackle length will increase lift by ~1/2 inch.

in my experience, shackles will give less than what they say because the pack flexes a bit more. i'd just get 1" shackles and go with it... if you get 1/2" shackles and it's still short, thats a waste of money and time. if you get 1" and it's 1/4" high, so be it. in IMO they look better when there a little higher in the back anyway.

I still can't believe you can actually see a quarter or a half inch of lift, maybe my driveway is too bumpy. I'm pointing a different direction every time I park the darn thing.

The reason I got them was because I got 3.5" RE springs which seem to settle around 4.5". My front has 5" of lift, so I figured these would net me about 5" when the springs settle in. In the event that they dont, I'll do a set of shackle relocation brackets.

you can really see 1/2 of lift? sounds like someone is more anal about their jeep than i am. go with with a 1 inch lift shackle and youll be fine. itll look better is its a little higher in the rear than if its a little lower. and by the time you load it up to go wheelin the difference will be gone.

you can really see 1/2 of lift? sounds like someone is more anal about their jeep than i am. go with with a 1 inch lift shackle and youll be fine. itll look better is its a little higher in the rear than if its a little lower. and by the time you load it up to go wheelin the difference will be gone.

Yup I can notice it very easily. I got good eyes. :)

The reason I don't want the rear higher than the front is cuz the headlights point down at the road instead of ahead where I need em. I tried adjusting my lamps but that's not enough. I ran it at almost 6" in the back and 4.5" up front and night driving sucked. Now it's level and perfect.

RE shackles are 3/4".

MJ shackles are approx 3/4" lift.

Back