• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker ECU

KJurasek

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning on putting together a stroker with the following below. Does anyone know if the fuel injection and ECU can handle the following?

Let me know.

KJ

68mm TB
.060 over
Custom offset ground 258 crank
Clifford 290 dur. cam and solid lifters
10:1 comp
Arias pistons
Eagle Chevy 327 rods
Custom head work
CRT HEI distributor and 8mm wires
Champion Gold Plugs
Clifford timing set
Balanced to 7000 rpm
All ARP hardware
Clifford Roller Rockers

Not sure you're going to find an answer here. That's a little off what they normally talk about. (.060 over/258 crank/dish piston to bring comp. ratio down to 9.5 or so) Try posting in "street/performance", or ask over at http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/

Kolak can reflash your pcm if it's an obd2. Hesco can tune a Unichip as well. A cam with that much duration is gonna be real lopey at idle due to high overlap and shift your low end torque up say 800-1000rpm. It's basically a higher rpm cam, so you'll definitely want some head work to let it breath to get that peak hp #. You're the first person I've seen attempt to use the 327 rods(they aren't the 6.150s eagles?). You'll want at least 27# injectors.

Last edited:
I am going to play around with it on an engine dyno. I don't plan on keeping this cam and I am looking for some programmable ECU options.

Thanks for the input.

how much extra stroke are you going to get out of offset grinding it?

I didn't build the engine, I am just working with what I got. I bought it from a member on this site. I liked the specifics so I bought it. Now I am making some changes to get it to where I want. I have been kicking around the idea of Painless Performance's Engine Management system vs. a comp cam and a programmable Uni-chip.

I would look on jeepstrokers.com too

Theres a guy on pirate4x4 that has built several strokers with turbos and whatnot as well. His newest build, he ditched the XJ wiring harness and used stand alone ford fuel injection (i think it was for propane but there are other ones too) and some kind of HEI dizzy or something, seems pretty awesome and simple to me. The jeep ecu is kinda garbage for tuning it

Back