• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Rack and I have searched

PolishX

NAXJA Forum User
OK I did search already twice infact .... Need to try to figure out hte hastle of roof racks .. I have a 98 XJ Limited with factory rack . NOW i heard they sucks badly .. What I want to be able to do is have a basket up there for my spare tire and my gas cans ... someone on here has to have some awnsers i hope

I will just copy my pm responce to you for all to see:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishX
what kind of roof rack etc ? I have a fatory one on mine now but I want to install a basket

It is a Thule roof rack that clamps to the rain gutters.
With a Bauer Vehicle Gear basket measureing 3 3/8 deep, 65 long and 38 wide.

It is an expensive basket, but a cheaply made one in my oppinion. The only really good things about it is it is so very light, and it does not go all the way to the edges of the truck, so i dont hit mine as much as my friends that have the baskets that cover the whole top of the truck.

This basket and rack was on the jeep when i got it, and i would not have bought it had i known how flemsy it was, but i would have bought or better yet built one this size cause i dont carry very much up there, and i like not wacking it on ever tree i see.

Back