• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has rough country 3" spring packs?

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
How many leaves are in the pack, including the bottom overload leaf?

I have rough country 4" springs and I have five including the small overload leaf. I want to see if these springs are actually the 3" springs plus another leaf or just a different spring rate pack.

This is from their PDF catalog (5 leaves):
http://www.roughcountry.com/install/roughcountry_catalog.pdf

Page 103 (105 in the PDF page count)

8024 3” 49.38” 6.75” 5 2.5” Rubber

Thanks for the awesome link.

I just noticed something.I was compared 8047 (my 4" springs) with 8024 (3" springs) and i noticed my 4" springs are 2" shorter in total length than the 3" springs. Now correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't higher springs be longer in length? This would probably explain why I can't run the stock shackles with these 4" springs. It pulls the shackle all the way forward at ride height, like the springs are too short.

They should be longer when compressed. That's a free arch length eye to eye. BUT, that's why I ruled them out...IMHO, a spring should be very close to the stock eye to eye measurement of about 49.25". That's why you always read that to get the MOST out of your lifted springs, you should run an extended shackle.

Ok I went to the garage and messed around with the shackles. When I first installed them, the stock shackles were pulled all the way forward at ride height. I ran them with 1.5" extended shackles for about two months now and 200 lbs of cargo in the rear. NOW when I installed the stock shackles, they were almost vertical and didn't hit the chassis like before. I guess the springs were really stiff and needed worked in. I now have 4.75" lift with just RC's 4" springs and stock shackles. Looks alot better than it did when it was 6" back there lol.

Back