• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One last ? about engine swap

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
Going from a renix to a HO, there is a temp sensor on the back of the engine block on the renix, and no hole in the HO block. Can i just drill a hole into the Tstat housing, tap it, and put it there? Or is there a way to splice the single wire into the sensor thats already in the housing (or somewhere else)?
Thanks

the one on the tstat housing is the sensor for the pcm. the one at the back is a sender for the gauge. the HO should have a spot for the sender at the rear driver side of the head. i wouldnt splice into the sensor in case it started messing with the pcm.

Sounds like you got an 0630 head. I have an early 1/96 0630 w/ the port, but later 0630s didn't have port or had a bolt/fitting in there to block it off(look real good, cause you might have one and be able to remove it). Yes, you can tap the t-stat housing, extend the wires, and put the sending unit for the gauge there.

Back