• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5" lift and stock brake lines

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
So, I am just about done with the lift on a 2001 model. The instructions that come with the lift say that if I am going to use the stock brake lines gthat I need to unbolt, straighten out the "Z" bend, and then reattach.

I assume I need to redrill holes elsewhere in the fender well? It doesn't necessarily say to use the same holes, but then again it doesn't say not to.

What say y'all?

Be careful of how much flex you are getting--brake lines make lousy limiting straps.

Be careful of how much flex you are getting--brake lines make lousy limiting straps.

x2 - If your kit is the "super ride" you will probably be okay, i do suggest drilling another hole - try to mount as close to the rear of the shock as possible as this will help prevent the tire from ripping the braked and line out under full steering lock at full compression. If you're running a "super flex" I would suggest extended stainless lines. I've been running the "super ride" for a while now with relocated brake lines and honestly, its pretty close to being too short.

Just buy new brake lines...quit being cheap. 1990' ish chevy 1500 brakes lines work perfect, and theyre like 4" longer and like $15 a side.

Back