• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red 96 XJ Build

xjsport96

NAXJA Forum User
Well i bought my jeep in december of 08 stock with 87,000 miles on her
IMG_0536.jpg
IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

The first thing i did was take off the steps and lights on the brush gaurd
IMG_0581.jpg

Then i put on a class 3 hitch with d ring insert(not pictured)
IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

Then i Started my sound system alpine 6.5 coaxials all the way around amped to 50 watts by an alpine mrp300 and an Alpine type r 12 inch sub with alpine mrp500
IMG_0568.jpg

Then i started my lift in august Rubicon express 3.5 superflex adjustable track bar, RE Steering stabilizer and monotube shocks with bfg mud terrain km2 32x11.5
IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

Lift finished, Front fenders trimmed and a little wheeling
IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

Jcr prerunner bumper with side protection and frame tie ins

Ive also installed a M.O.R.E steering box brace and have an AA sye and driveshaft on the way. Ill update the thread with new pics when i install the sye

Updates got a picture of the more steering box brace
IMG_0622.jpg

And i finished up my AA sye
IMG_0621.jpg

Sometime this week im gonna take the doors off as well

where did you get the brace? Oh just read above that it was a M.O.R.E. Looks pretty clean for a 96, could you post a picture of it washed with the entire lift on?

Definitely get some brake line extensions, or I think you can just relocate them with only a 3 inch lift.

Might want to take the lower body cladding off if you have any rust issues...just holds in moisture.

Today i trimmed off the lip on the rear fenders. Im gonna go back later on and do the cut and fold after i get some bedliner to paint the rocker panels, and i also snapped a couple of extra pictures of the jeep.
IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

pretty nice looking build. i love the jcr bumpers and sliders.

Picture didnt work, but you reminded me that I have to do the same. Just installed my new 9 foot whip, maybe ill put it on that!

Alright new updates. Recently i did the cut and fold on the rear fenders and decided to bedline the rockers.
IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

Next mods are gonna be an entirely new cooling system since its been running a little hot then possibly long arms.

Nice JEGS sticker! Rig looks really good, how much do you have tied up in it so far? Good call on ditching the plastic siding, what was it like underneath?

Does your AC still work? I just ripped mine out for OBA and added a B&M supercooler from Jegs. Also added a trans temp gauge, and am thinking about a mechanical engine temp gauge.

Just by removing the AC condenser I dropped a few degrees below the 210 mark when the engine is working hard. I think cooling the trans helped a little too. oh and changing your oil and coolant will help your stock system work more efficiently. Just some tips before you drop more coin on a 3 core.

Thanks haha Ive definately passed the point on counting how much i have into the jeep. Underneath there was no rust i was surprised. I tried changing the coolant and the radiator is in desperate need of changing it runs really hot so im definately gonna get the csf.

Back