• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear shock setup?

Droopy76

NAXJA Forum User
I need some ideas on the best way to setup my rear shocks. I've been looking at weld on lower shock mounts to fix my angles after I installed 7* shims, but I cant find any I like. Most are the crappy universal type, and others are too short. I like the idea of more clearance so I don't rip my shock mounts off on the rocks, but if I raise them too much then my shocks will be too long. Can anybody give me some links for "midlength" lower shock mounts? I've looked at gojeeps writeup on shortening your shock mounts, but I would rather just buy some and weld em on. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Droopy

Cut the stock ones off, take a spray paint can trace it on the mount as close to the bottom as you can, cut along line, weld onto axle.
Takes all of an hr to do.

Cut the stock ones off, take a spray paint can trace it on the mount as close to the bottom as you can, cut along line, weld onto axle.
Takes all of an hr to do.
x2

That would be OK, but the studs on my current shock mounts are pretty ate up. I would reall like to replace then with new ones. M.O.R.E had some I liked the looks of PN 98201 but I can't find them on there website anymore.

Back