• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25

XJeeper87

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any difference in the C8.25 over the years?? I have one (Unknown year) that needs brakes and I need to know if I can get any year brakes for it or what I need. It only came with brake shoes not even drums

27-spl vs 29 spl .. I think the pads/drums are the same. I know some axles have a smaller and larger dia brakes, but I do not remember for the 8.25

97+ models have a 29 spline carrier and axleshafts

The brakes are the same for the 8.25 and the D-35, the backing plates are the same as well. The D-44 has different brakes.

I beleive you are wrong because I compared the D35 brakes and the 8.25 brakes and the d35 brakes are WAY smaller. The C8.25 brakes wouldnt fit on the D35 at all i didnt try the D35 brakes on the C8.25 but I DOUBT they will work

I beleive you are wrong because I compared the D35 brakes and the 8.25 brakes and the d35 brakes are WAY smaller. The C8.25 brakes wouldnt fit on the D35 at all i didnt try the D35 brakes on the C8.25 but I DOUBT they will work

Well I could be but all 5 of my XJ's, 4 with 8.25's and one with a D-35 all have the same rear brakes, drums, shoes and backing plates.

Back