• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire sourcing options

wishbone

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone gotten tires shipped to them from an online random? Do you always go to a tire shop to purchase, or warehouse? I might think you want to see them first, make sure they aren't psycally dammaged on the floor.

Im really trying to pinch some pennies, and I know I GET WHAT I PAY FOR, but Im getting married at Trappers lake In Colorado, FS roads,and Im sure a little light wheeling, and Im pretty strapped.

I looked at retreads, but am still unconvinced. My jeep sees 75 every once in a while, downhill of course.

Looking to replace BFG AT KO 33/11.5/15 with BFG 33/10.5/15, or better - I was honestly not impressed with tread wear on this set, although it was partially my fault with overinflating.

thoughts?

Thanks folks

tirerack.com ... have ordered several sets of tires for different vehicles.
discount/america's tires you can order online, have the option of having them installed or not in a local shop.

I've bought my last two sets of BFG MT's (KM & KM2) from Costco. Their prices are pretty hard to beat. Only downside is you need to call them to get a quote for large tires as the website will only list tires that are approved OEM replacement sizes. Current price for 33x10.5x15 works out to $159 per tire with the $60 off a set of four promo they have going.

Has anyone gotten tires shipped to them from an online random? Do you always go to a tire shop to purchase, or warehouse? I might think you want to see them first, make sure they aren't psycally dammaged on the floor.

Im really trying to pinch some pennies, and I know I GET WHAT I PAY FOR, but Im getting married at Trappers lake In Colorado, FS roads,and Im sure a little light wheeling, and Im pretty strapped.

I looked at retreads, but am still unconvinced. My jeep sees 75 every once in a while, downhill of course.

Looking to replace BFG AT KO 33/11.5/15 with BFG 33/10.5/15, or better - I was honestly not impressed with tread wear on this set, although it was partially my fault with overinflating.

thoughts?

Thanks folks
I was on the fence about retreads too, I've never seen anything but positive feedback about TreadWrights though, so I got a set. Cost me $550 shipped for a set of four LT285/75R16 (careful, 16 inch rims are more expensive/harder to find than 15s or 17s) of their BFG AT knockoffs. So far, I've been happy, and I know I've hit 90mph on them at least once without issue.

EDIT: if you can get BFG tires from Costco at the prices fyrfytr listed, go for those instead. Not much of a price difference (if that's including shipping, that is, or if you can pick them up at your local store.)

discount tire and 4 wheel parts will price match online prices, usually. Any shipping costs will need to be taken into consideration, but you can price match the cheap price you saw online at a store where you can see the tires you are getting, and get the best of both worlds.

I like to take advantage of sears and discounts price match policy - take a quote from sears to discount, then take that quote to sears, then take new quote back to discount, etc... Don't know if this will work elsewhere, but it did here.

Back