• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8,25" rear disc swap

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Ok guys, so who in so cal knows how to do the rear disc swap........i have the ZJ carriers already, looking to buy calipers, rotors and pads this week........who here has done it before, and is interested in making a few bucks to help me get mine done?

I'd like to do it to mine someday soon, so let me know when you're gonna do it. I can come help/watch.

I smell a disc swap party coming up!!! YEAH! Hey John, the local yard (PAP off Milliken) has two grand cherokees, both with rear discs...

Go get yourself some sanding rolls.. Most likely you will have to enlarge the big hole on the backing plate to fit over the 8.25 axle tube. I have had to do it on the two that I have done this far.. Only the Tera kit is machined out properly for a true bolt on kit. Either that or get the backing plates from jeep for the Liberty with discs on the 8.25... Outside that its all bolt on stuff.. I also recomend while your there replace your axle bearings and seals if they have not been done yet.. Have fun...

I'm getting ready to do this too! I have the calipers and backing plates but I'm trying to find replacement springs, adjusters, banjo pins, and the e brake cables.

I plan on ordering some powerstop rotors with hawk ceramic pads, a ZJ e brake cable and maybe a KJ cable for the other side...?

djblade311 said:
I'm getting ready to do this too! I have the calipers and backing plates but I'm trying to find replacement springs, adjusters, banjo pins, and the e brake cables.

I plan on ordering some powerstop rotors with hawk ceramic pads, a ZJ e brake cable and maybe a KJ cable for the other side...?

Get the explorer hardware kit for the ebrake stuff from Lawrence at parts plus.. Thats what I did... that should have the adjusters, pins, clips ect. that you need.. banjo's are seperate.

Clean-RC said:
Get the explorer hardware kit for the ebrake stuff from Lawrence at parts plus.. Thats what I did... that should have the adjusters, pins, clips ect. that you need.. banjo's are seperate.

cool! Thanks for the tip!

Back