• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower hood clearance

FearNoFish

NAXJA Forum User
I have come up with a Kenne Bell S/C for a 4.0 motor. Does anyone out there have a solution for hood clearance. Even the biggest BFH won't do it. I don't think the cowl induction hoods on the market have enough clearance on the snout end. I will measure to see just how much I need this week-end but if anyone has gone down this road before me help me out.

FNF

This is what Mario of Adventure Trailers did with his. I think his was an Avenger kit so I don't know if it's similar to the Kenne Bell on or not.

PICT4195.jpg

Awesome, a friend of mine is a Kenne Bell dealer and I had him searching for a 4.0L KB, but I don't think he found any. Assuming they were mainly built for wranglers, I never even thought about hood clearance. You might have to get pretty creative with a grinder and welder to make that thing fit.

How cool, does he call it Cyclops?:roflmao:I would need to find someone more experianced with fiberglass than myself. It does answer some questions about the cowl induction hoods and yes, that Avenger looks about like the KB as far as height goes.

FNF

That has been on my mind also. I've seen them side mounted too. It will take some sleepless night to figure it out completly.

FHF

Cut the hood, let it stick out.

or cut the hood, go to Jegs, buy a scoop that meets your needs.

Back