• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR BUMPER AND SLIDER INSTALL

Mountaincajun

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to start my side armor,sliders, and rear bumper install...any one else installed these JCR parts? Are you pleased or displeased...Going to paint the sliders with a roll on bed liner..Will post picks after i remove oem parts...think im going to have to dremel my bushwackers for armor to get installed...:roll:

If you plan on using the rock rail don't waste your time with bed liner, it just scraps off. Get the cheapest spray pain in whatever color you choose and repaint as necessary.

Secondly, if you plan to use the rock rails plan on losing the bushwackers. They will get yanked off on the trail.

I just ordered my JCR rock sliders yesterday. How long did it take to get your stuff from the time you ordered it? Let me know how the install goes and if you get stuck anywhere. I read through their directions, seems pretty straight forward.

And I agree about the paint and bushwackers, it's rare to see a rig with a complete set of bushwackers still attached.

junkyard TJ flares all the way, four rears and you're good to go :)

I have heard mixed opinions and reviews about JCR's stuff... Sliders were a PITA to install on several friends' rigs, not lining up, etc... After a few hours though they did eventually get massaged on. Once on, they perform very well... just a pain getting to that point.

Only things I've heard about bumpers are for the tire-carrier setup and that it's way to long and cumbersome for use in day-to-day usage. Swing-out clearance is huge since the carrier stretches the width of the entire bumper, stuff like that. Haven't heard anything about their normal bumpers.

I'm not against them and their products, but I personally tend to lean towards AJ's stuff.

I have a JCR stage 3 front bumper, stage 1 rear bumper and the stage 2 rock sliders. I painted them flat black, everything was easy to install. Everything seems to be built pretty good, got some rear quarter panel guards w/lights on order now. Probably going to get the 1 ton steering next.

Joe

Just installed a front bumper. Used acid-etch primer. (available at schucks) and rustoleum paint. That combination is what I used for my AJ sliders and it worked well. JCR stuff is well made and fairly accurately machined. I think the issue is that the xj is not. My only criticism is that they could have elonogated the mounting holes a little to allow for the slight differences in xj frames. Nothing a grinder and drill bits could not fix.

I agree wit you on the elongation of the mounting holes. I had the same problem. As for the spray on bed liner thanks for the input, note taken. I am expecting a bit of tweaking and massaging to get things to line up. I hope you are wrong about the bushwackers, I have them trimmed higher than they say in the instructions as well as 9-11" cut of the rears to accomodate the rear body armor. two weeks was he shipping time, 3 days to build. For a grand total of 17 days to the house. I was not really excited about that but it worked out well for me as i had alot of teardown and it gave me time to do some interior mods and install my 1ton steering. will post picks when i am finished with the install. Starting tommorow on the install.

I have recieved my sliders and bumpers..Damn what a long wait.At first glance i was excited ,they look great welds are clean. Wiped them down to remove grease and grime. Primed them. Will paint tommorow. Will post pics and update tommorow.

So im really late with the update and pics. I just finished yesterday and i will take final pics today. Relatively easy, no major issues. Alittle jacking here and rubber hammer there and it all fit. I did have to trim my flares so the armor would fit. Still debating on cutting my rear flares at the top of the armor???!!My high lift jack when installed it wont let the door swing up??still working on that one.

Put the bottom(flat end) on the driverside...It was close on mine so i did that and it fixed it.. Post up some pics when you get a chance

IMG00199-20100226-0729.jpg

IMG00196-20100225-1532.jpg

Need suggestions on this one: Cut off the flare at the top of the armor plate or leave it trimmed? im affraid if i leave it im just gonne tear it right off. Armor plate goes all the way to the wheel well.so it is 3" longer than it looks.
P3050372-1.jpg

as long as it is straight your ok. install the two bottom bolts to the frame 1/2 way leave out the tops. let the slider hang. mark your holes for the pinch seam, drill, then jack them up, put in the screws tighten then install the top bolts to frame bracket, tighten all eight. Done..

Back