• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator

Jeepcrush4

NAXJA Forum User
Mine blew. In the process of ordering one from from Autozone he asked... Right or left? I was thinking transmission cooler lines location? He then replied.. Left of steering box or right? Right one is $340.00/left one is $126.00. Last I checked I thought it was/is a one piece unit? Am I missing anything?

97 xj 4.0 auto.

You aren't missing anything; the autozone guy was missing his brain.

Look online for the part from Autozone's website. what he meant was was the STEERING WHEEL on the left or right of the car. Yours of course would be left, most likely, unless you had a postal vehicle.

I thought the same considering I'm a mechanic for the postal service. But the only vehicles we have that are right hand drive are LLV's which are GM platforms. We have a couple of 2 door xj's but they're all left hand drive. Think I'll just go in person to check it out. Thanks! :)

Parts counter Dude is asking about the location of the inlet for the upper radiator hose--passenger's side, and the outlet for the lower radiator hose--driver's side. Most aftermarket radiators for the XJ come with the auto trans cooler.

RHD trans cooler fittings are on the passenger side. AZ lists two rads for a 97- Left side steering wheel, and right side steering wheel. That's about the only detail listed, so the parts doofus asked exactly what's on his screen. They are useless without the PC.

Try Radiatorbarn.com It's a better unit than the autozone. They have a 2 core, all metal for only $10 more than Autozones plastic tank radiator.

Exactly. I have that two-row all metal one and the design/construction is twice as good as the oem radiator. For another few bucks it's definitely worth it.

Back