• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newer door speakers

lifted.heep

NAXJA Forum User
what are the size of the door speakers? 5.25?? im lookin to buy new ones from the stock pair.. i have a 91 cherokee. Thanks!:cheers:

I believe that all four (door & hatch/sound bar) are 5.25. At least my 5.25 MB Quarts fit the front doors, and the el-cheapo Wal-Mart 5.25s fit the sound bar. In an '89 btw.

Hi,

Just replaced mine with Kenwood 6" splits.

The six inch speakers (round) fit in just fine with a little trim "trimming" and give much better bass response. Did not have to drill new mounting screw holes, screwed in just fine to the old holes with only a very slight angle to them. When selecting speakers try to get ones that do not have covers/grilles that protrude too much as they can get a kicking.

Fitted the crossover unit behind the kick-boards in the foot-wells and the tweeters were mounted at ear height on the "A" pillar using the top most trim screw so no cutting or drilling. Just took the little cap off removed the screw, fed the wire out and screwed them on.

So the advice is - try an upgrade to a slightly larger speaker even if you fit two way co-axial 6" speakers you will love the improvement.

Guzzi

Back