• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lights. vents. squeaks. 4x4.

allybeehee

NAXJA Forum User

1. my reverse lights dont work and the bulbs aren't blown.
2. my vents squeal like they dont want to open.
3. i have a squeak which sounds like its coming from a pulley but im not sure.
4. my four wheel drive kicks itself out. when i put it in four wheel it slowly moves the shifter back to 2 wheel. (weirddd.)

1 - your neutral safety switch is probably gunked up. You can either replace it for about $110 in parts, or remove it and clean it, then reinstall it, which is free unless it comes off the transmission in 4 pieces like mine did.
2 - lubricate them? Not sure what to do about this, the only jeep I own with vents is losing them soon when I put new doors on it.
3 - check serpentine belt tension. If it does it when it hasn't warmed up yet, and when you put the AC on (or when defrost kicks in), it's probably this.
4 - you probably need to check the pressure in your tires or adjust the transfer case shift linkage.

Hopefully those should give you a good start, you can find more information on any of those by searching for some of the terms I gave. People are gonna tell you to search, sometimes the problem is knowing what to search for.

the revers lights could be a bad wire. on both of my old jeeps they stopped working on me so i just bought a back up light and it works better cause its a lot brighter then the regular lights. and my A/C pump makes noise's when its on and stuff. and my 86 dose the same thing so if that is it then let me know

maybe the blower motor is going bad? mine squeaked/squealed on and off for a while, then did it constantly, so i had to replace it.

Back