• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Know A Parts Place Open on Sundays in the IE Area?

swbooking

NAXJA Forum User
I need some parts but 4 west and 4 wheel parts are closed on sunday and i basically only have time to work on it tomorrow, anyone know a hope for aftermarket parts thats open on Sundays near the IE? thanks
-Allen

I need a steering stabilizer got one? thats good?

Is a stock one just as good as a Rancho or Dotesch?

Yeah - there's no reason to have an expesnive steering stabalizer. In fact a properly set up front end doesn't really need one, it's a band aid. As long as your steering is in good shape and your angles are right (or close) a stocker will do you fine.

hmm... maye its not my stabilizer then, i thought with the 32s i would need a "better" than stock stabilzer, When im driving it like to pull back and forth, im constanly corecting back and fourth... I have a 4.5" lift no drop pitman, would that make it the way it is since the "stock" geometry has changed?

Well did you also swap out the track bar? I'm willing to bet you did. I'm also willing to bet that your track bar and drag link are no longer parallel (ignore the bends, just draw a line from linkage to linkage on each item and those lines should be parallel) and what you are experiancing is bump steer.

When the track bar and drag link are not parallel and you hit a bump the axle moves up and to the side (this is normal with a linked system), unfortunatly since the drag link is no longer in tune with the system the moving to the side pulls the wheels over.

A drop pitman arm is a viable fix for that - you will have ot fiugre out how far the pitman needs to be dropped though (by how far the steering box side of the drag link has to come down in order to make them parallel again)

wow, thanks looks like i now need a drop pitman, and yeah i do have an RE trac bar and if i can remeber right, the trac bar and drag link arent parallel. Thanks you just saved me $50 bucks. If i unbolt the drag link from the steering box side and hold it parrallel to the trac bar and measure that gap that will give me the right drop length right? thanks again
-Allen

haha yeah i just have to get some stuff done tomorrow, cause im going to Mexico next weekend and then JV the following. So tomorrows list is picking up air compressor some air tools, some other misc tools, now a drop pitman, and trim the fenders up. I think thats about it, and if i can maye change the motor mounts. anyways ill see you @ JV.

Back