• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunroof

what was that i want a real functional one man that i can open when on the trail or in the summer time take it off

1 suggestion.............DON'T. It will leak, sooner or later. Every sunroof technically leaks, the factory ones have drain holes in the corners of the frame that typically drain down tubes in the A-pillars and out the bottom of the fenders. If you put in aftermarket, no drains. Also, silicone sealant is a wonderful inducer of rust. My glass shop used to do sunroofs back in the day, but we finally got out of it because of leak issues.
Also, from my experience with CRL truck sliders, they're junk. They never fit just right.

I got mine off ebay from some by gone company and am extremely happy with it. It was made to fit the XJ's ribbed roofline. Five years of Oregon's Willamatte Valley rains have not been able to make it leak yet. Careful installation is key and sealant is your best friend here. I easily used three time what I expected to. I'm nearly 100% sure SFC bought out the company I got mine from. Be sure to get the one for cherokees if yours has the ribbing that goes the full length of the roof.

http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/popupkits.htm

That rag top is great!!! Wont the XJ flex and have issues? If not this is perfect.

Any reviews?

In true redneck style, If felx isnt and issue, why couldnt you just cut a piece out and use a gasket for wind and water with a couple of clips to hold the beveled piece down?

Anyone had too much beer and try this?

That sliding ragtop one was installed on an XJ in an issue of JP, they caged it first.

sure, wolfpackjeeper posted one.

if you want an afternoon project, ripping a giant hole in the roof of your xj, isnt a good idea. do it right, or dont do it at all.

Easy, find an XJ at a junkyard with a factory sunroof and remove it with all of the wiring, and hardware . Measure the size of the opening, and take plenty of pics for reference then install it in your XJ.

Good luck.

Easy, find an XJ at a junkyard with a factory sunroof and remove it with all of the wiring, and hardware . Measure the size of the opening, and take plenty of pics for reference then install it in your XJ.

Good luck.
Instead of doing this, get all the wiring and hardware out of the way and sawzall the roof about 3" out from the edge of the sunroof. Bring the whole thing to the register, they'll charge you the same. Then when you get home, remove the sunroof from the chunk of sheetmetal, flip the sheetmetal over, and trace a pattern from it onto some posterboard.

Back