• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

eerr what happened

saweddoffjeep

NAXJA Forum User
so basically i was driving my xj a few days ago and it slid a bit on the ice and i bumped the curb, it made a weird noise so i checked the wheel and it was fine, but half way home i noticed that my steering wheel was crooked and my wheels were straight, the steering whell is at a 80 degree angle or so.

i have no idea what is wrong and no idea how to fix this, i checked everything under the jeep and it all looks fine:dunno:

easy one.

on the drag link, (steering arm that connects the passenger side knuckle with the pitman arm) there should be an adjustment collar, loosen up the collar, use a pipe wrench to adjust and just guess and check til the wheel is centered, make sure the tires are heading straight when you do this or itll be off even more.

then just tighten the collar back down.

-nick

it messed up your alignment. no prob. you could have it professionaly done at a shop for about 40 bucks or just live with it.

Oizarod115 said:
easy one.

on the drag link, (steering arm that connects the passenger side knuckle with the pitman arm) there should be an adjustment collar, loosen up the collar, use a pipe wrench to adjust and just guess and check til the wheel is centered, make sure the tires are heading straight when you do this or itll be off even more.

then just tighten the collar back down.

-nick
I had the same thing happen two years ago, and I did the above adjustment. Also remember to turn your ign. key towards the run position until your steering wheel is unlocked. I already had the tires pointed straight ahead and my son sat inside to tell me when the steering wheel was leveled.

If you're doing this yourself, check your toe-in as well. Adjustment is on the tierod, works the same as adjusting the draglink. Shoot for 0 to 1/8" toe-in.

Back