• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear wiper arm removal

Look closely at the arm near the base, there is a 1/8" hole there. Lift the arm away from the window and drop a small allan wrench into the hole and lower the wiper arm back towards the window. The arm should suspend away from the window. Just wiggle the arm off of the drive stud. And for Gods sake don't use a screw driver.

To remove the rear washer hose without breaking off the hose barb, carefully slip the plastic collar off of the end of the hose then pull the hose off of the barb. If you need to replace the hose I recommend using good quality 2 cycle fuel line (silicon), the kind you would get at a lawn mower repair shop. Just match up the ID and OD.

Unless the mounting changed throughout the different years (which is highly likely) then on my 92 and 93 the rear attaches the exact same way as the front ones. Lift the arm up and slide the little tab at the base out which holds it away from the window then wiggle it off the shaft.

I have 5 XJ's, 90, 94, 96, 96, 00. They all are the same, slip something into the hole while the arm is pulled away from the window and then release, this allows you to pull the arm straight off of the drive hub.

Maybe someone put a front arm onto the rear on yours, dunno?

Jesus H. Christ, this isn't that hard! Spray some Skid or PB on it, wait 5 mins., and use a wiper or gear puller and yank it off. Little heat always helps. They all get rusty. Grab some 13 mm nuts on your next trip to the yard.

Back