• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goffy Problem I NEED ADVICE

stageman

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to this site as well to XJ's. I have a TJ and had a MJ. I just bought my 1st XJ. It is a 91, 6cyl 4.0, auto, 242, bla bla bla. Here is my problem. I bought it from some kid (to me). Some people scare me with brain powers. He tried to install a fancy DVD player screen radio and did a major hash job on the heating/air/defrost duct. When I got it, all the controls to the ac was in the back seat. I took the radio out and hooked the controls back up. All the air was blowing out where the radio was. When I looked in, he had cut all the plastic duct work which moves the air around (sending it up to defrost and etc) If you look behind the factory radio, that plactic stuff. WHAT DO I DO??????? Can anyone help me with ideas to this fix??????? Thanks for anything.

cut the rest of it out, and cut the top off while your at it so you wont need the heater anyway.

you talk down on him, but you bought his butchered project and expected grade-A fab work?

video screens > heater
tunes > comfort.
wear a jacket, and put on some deth metal

Re: Goofy Problem I NEED ADVICE

Yep down to him. Just sayin, parts are made to do radio installs. Adaptors, plugs, dash lits, etc. Didnt see behind the dash to see what was done. (to justify my "talking down too") Family riding in this so somewhat comfort would be nice. Going to JY today. Guessing the dash pull will be hard, eh?

Back