• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignition switch diagram for '92 Cherokee

jeepkatz

NAXJA Forum User
Hi!

I have a '92 Cherokee 4.0 HO/4WD - excellent vehicle! I am in need of a wiring diagram for the ignition switch. My Haynes manual does not give the diagram with the wire colors.

I could test the individual wires to determine what is what, but if someone would have a diagram to follow, it would be much easier, especially since this switch is not the easiest to get to!

Thanks! :)

From my 93 manual but should be right for yours.

Ignsw093.jpg

Saudade -

That dia. is the same as my manual, I can't understand from the drawing which color wires are to correspond with the acc/off/start/run positions....

wim hoppenbrouwers - found that site in a google search; unfortunately I see no switch diagram there...

Anyone else with a wiring diagram? I can't understand why the Haynes manual doesn't show this...

All the "arrows" move at the same time. If you look at the leftmost one, it shows the START, RUN, Off and ACC positions. So when the key is ON, the violet (purple) and orange wires are connected to red power line. When the key is turned to START, the Grey-White, Violet-Yellow, Dk Blue and Yellow are all connected to power.

The Haynes covers many different years and several models. Not all of the pictures, diagrams apply to every one. It's not a bad "beginner's" manual for doing brakes, suspension, tuneups and some other stuff. However your should invest in a factory Service Manual from an authorized source.

You can also find some decent stuff in the online repair guides at Autozone as Wim suggests.

Thanks for the clarification, Saudade. From the way the diagram is drawn, it is just very confusing to me, for some reason.

No problem Jeepkatz. Schematics can be very confusing to follow. You should see the ones for 97+!!!

Back