• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift

stroked88

NAXJA Forum User
Planning out my 3" lift coils up front, bastard pack in the rear. any suggestions, or kinks i should look out for? or even any install tricks?

Take your upper shock nuts off, disconnect your track bar, and loosen the body side control arm bolts. The front springs will just about fall out when you jack up the frame.

yeah, i already have a 2" budget boost, and had that except for the track bar. i was wondering why one side drooped lower than the other when installing the coil spacers last time ha that explains it

On the rear...

1) Do not try to remove the main leaf. Most times they do not come loose anyway. Leave the main leaf and build the bastard pack in place.

2) buy 3 new center pins... I always manage to mangle one putting them back together.

3) put a C clamp on both sides of the center pin before cutting it on the old springs. Even with no vehicle weight on the springs there is still a fair amount of energy stored in them. I had a black thumb nail from it.

4) When putting the springs back i use a C clamp on each side of the center pin to pull them together. The center pin is not beefy enough to "pull" the springs together by itself. Just a couple of weeks ago I loosened a c-clamp and that alone pulled the threads off my center pin. I was using a 3/8 center pin and not the 5/16 stock center pin.

Back