• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ubolts from Rusty's, how much longer?

deskjockey

NAXJA Forum User
I need to order some new pinion shims. I'm upgrading to steel since the crappy aluminum ones have pretty much disintegrated over the years. I was going to order the ones from Rusty's. Does anyone know if they come with 5/16" center pins? Also, I need new Ubolts. Can anyone tell me how much longer than oem Rusty's U bolts are for the 8.25 rear axles? I am currently running his 3" aal and a 4* shim. My stock ones are too short. Yes, I reused the stock ones.

Spring shop

If you go to a spring shop as opposed to Rustys, Daystar of any of them guys you can pick the exact length you want and they are 1/2 of the price. I spent $6 a piece on 9 inch u-bolts for a Dana 44. Center pins are like a buck in half. Just a heads up before you order on line. :patriot:

Re: Spring shop

boise49ers said:
If you go to a spring shop as opposed to Rustys, Daystar of any of them guys you can pick the exact length you want and they are 1/2 of the price. I spent $6 a piece on 9 inch u-bolts for a Dana 44. Center pins are like a buck in half. Just a heads up before you order on line. :patriot:

X2 on the spring shop, or if you want a length 7.25 should be fine.

I've got RE U-bolts (i think they were the same price as any other U-bolt). They were WAY too long (a good thing...i think). I wound up cutting at least two inches off. That's another option if you don't have a shop in your area.

Back