• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wd indicator?

ryang007

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 cherokee sport(just got as a winter vehicle about a month ago) When i put it in 4wd hi...there is no indicator lamp on the dash lighting up...however it does feel as if its in 4wd(i can cut the wheels hard and will feel as if it is in 4wd)...any way to tell if the 4wd is working without the lamps?

crazy question here, if the light is not working in the dash, could it be as simple as a light bulb if you know your 4x4 is still working in both 4 low and 4 hi?

when i start my cherokee the dash lights all come on except 4wd for a second but when on and my seatbelt is off the red light doesnt come on?? im startin to think somthin else is wrong any ideas??

my light is out in my 01, so is it more likely to be sensor than the light?

I know the 4x4 works, but it would be good to see it on the dash go on and off, because the wife drives it often.

further insight??

Good idea, but a different question: When you turn the key to "ON" before start, and the dash lights go on, does the part time light also go on? When I put my key to ON, everything BUT the 4wd lights come on (I have a 231, so the full time light does not exist to my knowledge, but the cut out is there). So does your part time light come on when you put the key to on?

DaveKerwin said:
Good idea, but a different question: When you turn the key to "ON" before start, and the dash lights go on, does the part time light also go on? When I put my key to ON, everything BUT the 4wd lights come on (I have a 231, so the full time light does not exist to my knowledge, but the cut out is there). So does your part time light come on when you put the key to on?

nope

Back