• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

disconnected speedometer

wingnut3k

NAXJA Forum User
would not having my speedometer plugged in cause my jeep to idle rough? recently swapped engines and dont remember how it idled before i blew my old one (hydro lock) i dont have the speedo plugged in due to a having a tcase out of a 99 and my jeep is a 93, the plug is different, specs are 93, 4.0 aw4 and 231...could i be a tooth out on the distributor? or what else should i check for?

No on your speedo. Could be your IAC.

Yes, it could.

What do you know about the new engine?

Compression numbers?

93 XJ, what year engine?

engine is out of a 93 as well, new water pump before i got it, don't know the mileage, actually got it off a guy on here...i haven't checked the compression, but the guy i got it from said it was good and even all the way across, i'll have to borrow a gauge and get back to you

also what would be the symptoms of being a tooth out, above 1800 rpm or so everything seems to be fine, smells rich at idle too

Last edited:
Back