• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lookin fer a pic of center mounted limit strap (both ends)

Me too... Not to steel your thread, but I am installinga center limiting strap in the next couple of weeks. I would also like to see what you guys have done. I also need some ideas of the right amount of slack to leave in the strap.

Hi guys,

I don't have a good pic, but I can tell you what I did. I used ready made tabs from the race car shop (Victory Circle) and welded two of them parallel to the tubes, on top of the tubes right next to pumpkin. The holes in the tabs and the straps are 1/2", so I use a 1/2 pin to attach the straps.

I also used tabs for the frame. I welded a small plate to the tabs, then welded that to the bottom of the frame, one on each side. I ordered the two straps from Avalanche Engineering, and they are available in one inch increments. The length was determined by flexing the rig to the max, both sides, and taking a measurement from the mounting points on each frame and the center of the axle.

standard.jpg

The straps are twisted to control the length, which you can sort of see in the picture.

wishbone40.JPG
\

sorry ted, this is the only one I have, shows the upper mounting point....

the lower mounting point is on the old axle, which has been removed from the jeep.

Back