• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pellets in the tires

jake66

NAXJA Forum User
so i did this yesterday... and you know what i expected better im running 35's. the innovation beads web sight said use 8oz so u put 8ozs per tire and i used .20 gram plastic pellets. so if i had done that all right im thinking maybe i got a tire out of round. i also aired up to 35 psi which i feel like it too much.
by the way i got bfg all terrains. anyone got any input or see what i did wrong.

I am running the same pellets in 35 MTR's w Kevlar and could not be happier. Never had tires balanced with wheel weights that drove this nice. As for suggestions, not sure what could go wrong, your just putting in pellets and mounting the tire then airing up. Lug nuts tight?

yah everything seems tight how much weight didi you put in your tire and maybe its an out or round tire like a shifted belt or something. thanks anyway

From experience, BFG A/T's of the larger variety do not balance well, or are out of round.

I run Airsoft BBs in my 34/10.5/15 LTBs and 30/9.5/15 BFG A/Ts. The LTBs seem to have enough in them(around 9 oz) and are as smooth as can be up to 85-90 or so. The BFGs only have 6oz or so in them and they get shaky on the highway but not terrible.

Were the beads installed through the valve stem or tire removed for install? Sometimes the shops use alot of lube on the tire and the beads end up sticking to it and clumping up. This throws off the balancing.

I threw 10oz of airsoft pellets in my LTB's and they are great on the highway. First time I ever had a smooth riding swamper. I've use dynabeads a few times but they don't seem to work as well as airsoft pellets for some reason. I think static causes them to stick to the tire.

Before you think the tire is out of round, try asking the shop to rotote the tire 180 degrees on the rim. Sometimes this solves out of round issues.

This may sound like a dumb question......but did you remove all the lead weights before using pellets? I had a friend of mine mount new MTR's and he left the weight on and it was a horrible ride. Removed all the weights and they were fine.

The other thing, are the tires new or have you run them for a while and then put pellets in them?

I run air soft pellets in my 33” BFG mud KM2’s and innovative beads in my 295 - 85 - 22.5 motorhome tires with no issues.

I run 9 oz of heavy plastic bbs, (.20 oz size) in my 35 BFG MTs and anything above 25mph they are smooth as can be.. very impressed with the results. the tires are used and worn about 50% and the bbs make them feel like new tires.

380193676.jpg

Back