• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP, Testing CPS Question

sdigs

NAXJA Forum User
I have no spark, The coil Ohms out good. My crappy Haynes manual says to check continuity at the CPS connector by checking across B and C. The connector is not marked. The connector has 2 black wires and a white wire, white is in the center. I have continuity from white to one black and nothing from white to the other black or black to black. How can i tell if the CPS is bad?

ABC is left to right, and the top of the connector has the orientation slot and/or the locking tab.

TESTING PROCEDURE 1991 – 2001 4.0L H.O. engines

1. Near the rear of intake manifold, disconnect sensor pigtail harness connector from main wiring harness.
2. Place an ohmmeter across terminals B and C (See Image). Ohmmeter should be set to 1K-to-1OK scale for this test.
3. The meter reading should be open (infinite resistance). Replace sensor if a low resistance is indicated.

standard.jpg

Back