• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 Inch Lift

Krieger

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted some feedback - I was looking into getting this RC 3inch lift

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_3.html

It seems really cheap, price-wise... The type of off road driving I do is mild and mostly beach driving..There really arent any rocks here to crawl on that I know of...just some dirt trails and mud...that said, would this kit be fine for me?

Thanks

..oh and there is also a series II 3inch kit with different shocks (Nitro 9000 instead of Hydro 8000) Do these make much of a difference?

full packs are gonna cost more than the rest of the kit, pick another and do a bastard pack out back to save some coin.

the reason its so cheap, is because it sucks. the only part of it that doesnt SPECIFICALLY suck are the front coils. the shocks bushings' are shit, and AAl's will sag, it may be a month (not likely) or it could be a year, but it'll definately happen, sooner if your existing leafs are old and tired.

SOO... theres only 1 decent part there.

the 3" RC kit really isnt that bad, so dont take this for hating. however, mine came with lower control arms. my experience was that their cheap nitro shocks suck balls out west, ANY AAL will sag, no surprise, i knew better. but it was my first lift and I had a lot of fun in it once i changed out the shocks. ive sinse moved onto a rubicon express 3.5" kit with extra's, and consider it the next step, but 31's look small on it.

I used that kit and got the hydro shocks, the kinda wheeling we do in my area is slow so I didn't need a killer shock, It rides well on the road, no sagging yet and ive wheeled it hard every weekend almost since august when I installed it. It's a Jeep its not gonna ride like a mercedes :) I will probably eventually upgrade to 4in full packs out back and a 1in puck up front with trimming to run 33s. Have fun with it that is what its all about it will never be done being built and changed around.

Back