• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slight snag. Need help... Again!

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Noticed a bit of a problem with my rear spring that had to re-send because UPS lost the last one. After waiting an extra week for it to get here this is what they send me. Someone here said that RC sends there 4" rear coils with 6* shims on them. (and that's fine and dandy) But as you can see these are two different shims! The one on the left came in the original order. Right came today. Now can i just put 2 "C" clamps on the spring to hold the load and change them out? Whats the easy fix for this?

P2120345.jpg

Yes, two large C clamps is the way you do it. Just make sure everything is tight because you don't want them coming apart unexpectedly. There is a lot of stored energy there waiting to get out.

Yes, two large C clamps is the way you do it. Just make sure everything is tight because you don't want them coming apart unexpectedly. There is a lot of stored energy there waiting to get out.

OH YEAH.. I'm sure there is!!!! Now will the pins come out of the shims as well? Does that look like a 6* shim? I guess i could take it out and head to Napa for a match up.:flamemad: Best believe RC will get an earful from me tomorrow.:twak:

Back