• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Breather hose elbow replacement

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
Just realized that the elbow piece on the breather hose that goes from the back of the airbox to the front of the valve cover is totally rotted. Is it possible to just replace the elbow part of this hose as opposed to buying a whole new replacement?

It seems as though it's possible but i'm not sure. Seems to just connect to the box and then to the rest of the plasticy hose.

If so, anyone know what size hose it would be?

Just bought the Jeep yesterday so i'm starting to go through it and replace the crap that's going bad. It's an 89 but still in good condition. Just needs some lovin'.

That breather hole is 3/4" diameter - the same size as many PCV's. Check the Help! parts in auto parts store for a 3/4" 90 degree PCV breather fitting. Or . . .

Get a PCV and cut the bottom off, remove the pill and spring (mandatory.) Add hose to fit.

Not allowing the crankcase to vent through the hose means a gasket or seal will . . .

I believe you are talking about the "J" hose which is part of the filtered air intake for the CCV system.

Mine went bad, pulled into Vatozone, showed the counter dude the hose, he grabbed one off the shelf--don't know what it was actually for--had to trim a couple inches of the long side of the "J". Been running with it about 2 years now.

I just did this job yesterday.

Went to junk yard, cut off the J thing with 6 inches of hose
Cut other end
3/4 inch hose from anywhere, I used clear braided from Princess Auto at $1 a foot.
Clamps and your good to go.

I also replaced the rear as well, because the hole was plugged.
The other hose on the air box is a 1/2 inch, used the same clear braided hose.

Back