• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle gear 4.10 expert question

mpro1

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased a richmond gear 4.10 ring and pinion and new trac loc carrier for a chrysler 8.25" rear end years ago for an old dodge challenger i used to own and still have new in box.

Does anyone know if this would fit in xj jeep (chrysler) 8.25" found in later model cherokee??

when i had a question about whether or not my lock-right (also made by richmond gear) would fit, i took a look at the part numbers on their website to find out that my lock-right bought for a non c-clip dana 35 would work for a c-clip 35.

hth
-TIm

I believe the ring gear is the same but the traclok probably isn't. At some point (late 70's?) chrysler switched from a non c-clip axle to a c-clip. I think that most of the companies now make the work with both but depending on the erra of the diff you have it may or may not.

This is why there are gears available down to 5.13's for the 8.25 but they can't be ran in the newer housings without a c-clip eliminator.

Call Richmond and talk to them.

Back