• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AUTO COMPUTER EXCHANGE

Petr Prchal

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to warn everybody from dealing with AUTO COMPUTER EXCHANGE company located in Florida. I had to replace ECM on my Cherokee 93. After searching internet I decided to buy it from them for 250$. After couple of months and enormous amount of hassle with the new computer I found out that they sent me a wrong unit, one for V8. Their warranty department usualy did not answer the phone calls and if you reach them their attitude is just horribly rude. To make my story short. After 9 months I am on the 5th unit which doesn't turn the electric fan on. They refuse to return my money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. BUY FROM A DEALER OR JUNK !!

Sorry to hear that...that stinks! I've known 3 or 4 people locally that have had luck with them, one had to send something back for a replacement but they were more than helpful about it.

Wow. I think I would have called around to the junkyards before spending that much. For $100, I'll gladly drive over to the local pull-n-save lot and pull one for you.

I know its way after the fact, but try calling your credit card company and see if you can contest the charge. If the credit card company will do a chargeback, that will get the companies attention real quick. A complaint to the BBB in Florida might work too.

GREAT EXPERIENCE!! I am pretty much a novice at this type of stuff. I recently purchased a part from ACE for my 96 Grand Cherokee. They were very helpful and insightful. I made sure to ask a ton of questions prior to purchasing and they were very thorough. When you order something like this, it's custom built for your car so make sure you know what you are doing and ask a lot of questions.

Last edited:
GREAT EXPERIENCE!! I am pretty much a novice at this type of stuff. I recently purchased a part from ACE for my 96 Grand Cherokee. They were very helpful and insightful. I made sure to ask a ton of questions prior to purchasing and they were very thorough. When you order something like this, it's custom built for your car so make sure you know what you are doing and ask a lot of questions.
anyone else smell a troll?(n)

for the record. i spent $20 on a new ecu for my buddys 93. works great. Look for people parting out rigs

anyone else smell a troll?(n)

Which one, the single NAXJA post by PetrPrchal or the single NAXJA post by duhricker?

Its not custom built. There are several PCMs for different engine/transmissions but not custom built.

I suppose it could count as custom if they are programing in the odometer mileage and vin. They could also be flashing in firmware appropriate to the features and tranny. Pre-96 though, I'd just get an ecm from the same powertrain setup and be done with it.

I gotta wonder- with 5 pcm's not turning on the fan, anybody else think there may be a problem with the fan circuit in the vehicle?

im gonna go with that, but i would HOPE, that with an ECM company like that, that they are troubleshooting this guys issues over the phone. It kinda seems like a waste of time to keep going back and forth over 250 bones.....?

Thanks for the further explanation. As you can tell I am still new at doing some of this stuff. I thought they were custom built. Sorry if I gave anyone the wrong impression.

Back