• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Finally decided to start the project of moving to 35" D44's and 4.56s

I have the op to buy a Cherokee D44 for $350, sounded like a good deal to me, just wanted other opinions. Stock gears. Didnt look at it yet but doesnt look too rusty, out of at 87'

I think it's a bit on the high side but there so rare it's nit like you can shop around, I'd try and get it for $300 if you can. I got mine for $80 but that was just dumb luck at the junk yard. Whatever you end up doing good luck on the build!

Honestly I think it would be better to pick up an 8.25 for $100 or so and put a detroit and alloys in it and disk brakes and you will have an awesome axle for under $1K.

Price seems about right. Locally they're about 250-350$ here.

Front or rear? The front I have no idea. For the rear, you could get 3 for that price here in South Florida at a Pick and Pull.

Front or rear? The front I have no idea. For the rear, you could get 3 for that price here in South Florida at a Pick and Pull.

For a stock, D44 out of an older style Cherokee, across Massachusetts -- the price seems to be 250-350. My brother works at a yard near Worcester, and his lowest price for me was 200, with a family discount.

A lot of the time, you might be better off looking through Craigslist. You can often find the axle for around 100$.

I got the d44 with 4.56s on 35s. Wishing I went with 4.88s now. The 4.56s were great with 33s. But now I have to downshift going up the hills again. Lacking power.

Back