• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overland Expo April 16-18

Wife and I are signed up.

Wish it were closer..

Ditto, I would go in a heartbeat.

Being unemployed doesnt leave a lot of traveling money, or else I would be there...

John, since we are in the same boat, we should see if we can get a charity drive going and let NAXJA sponsor us. We could convoy over, and represent the XJ community with the other members.

:D

~ James

Hey! Thats a half a tank of fuel. I could probably make it out of the state.... maybe thats the way to do it. Just find members in every state along my route, and see if those respective chapters will sponsor me...

James, if we started our own biz we could write this trip off... :laugh3:

Ryan, thanks but i'll hold out for sharing a cold one with you come Sept.

This is true John... you good with Marketing? Think you can mass market an overpriced over built Bling Dustpan?

~ James

LMAO.. yes.

Enclose it and it's now a piece of life saving apparatus, clear camp of Scorpions, Tarantula's, snakes etc. Relocate those unwanted visitors and it's environmentally friendly.

We could call it the "KritterKleener", throw an OJ sticker on it and we'll clean up over @ EXPO.

Mandatory piece of equip any Overlander or Forest Service vehicle should never leave home without.

And i thought that up without a single beer.. :cheers:

If you guys head out, you can bunk at my place on the way. I'll even BBQ.

I have those days off (14th-24th) for the event but still trying to justify the expense.

You can go to the event and pay 15-20 bucks a day. Then just pay for the classes you want to take. I am going back and forth on how I want to do it.

I would like to go to a lot of the classes but at the same time I would like to spend a lot of time walking around and looking at all the vendors. I think if you bought the big package you would be stressing about getting to as many classes and presentations as you could.

Some of the classes I am mostly interested in:

Hands-on displays and demos in exposition area (but please note: Day Pass holders will not be able to attend any Overland Experience classes or workshops - see list below)

1 Overland Driving Skills - 4-hour class comprising five units:
- Dirt roads corrugations and tire pressure
. - Sand

. - Clearance, Obstacles, Camber

. - Ascent / Descent

. - Water and Mud
2 Intro to Overland Trailer Driving:
3 Tips and tricksChoosing & setting up an adventure motorcycle
4 Adventure Motorcycle Riding - Basic Skills
5 Overland Driving -The Basics: What to know before you leave
6 Overland Navigation - Map and Compass, with Field Session
7 Overland Navigation - GPS Basics with Field session
8 Medical kits for overlanding
Travel Medicine
9 Security for Overlanding: Common sense & real-life
10 Capturing the Adventure: Overland Videography
Capturing the Adventure: Video Blogging
Capturing the Adventure: Overland Photography
Wildlife photography while overlanding
11 Overland wired: Staying online off-grid

Tough decisions, taking free classes or registering full package for the above classes.

Last edited:
The big thing that pushed me over the edge on going is the fact that Pat and Cindy Bonish will be giving a presentation on their travels.

Meeting them in Yellowstone and then again in the Swell when they came to visit we made some seriously good friends and it would be worth the drive to see them again.

You really should go Tom, it would push me over the edge even further. Plus it would be nice to have someone to make the 850 mile drive with.

The big thing that pushed me over the edge on going is the fact that Pat and Cindy Bonish will be giving a presentation on their travels.

Meeting them in Yellowstone and then again in the Swell when they came to visit we made some seriously good friends and it would be worth the drive to see them again.

You really should go Tom, it would push me over the edge even further. Plus it would be nice to have someone to make the 850 mile drive with.

Would that include "Hole In The Rock" on the return trip?:clap:

Would that include "Hole In The Rock" on the return trip?:clap:

Haha, that would be awesome but we will be limited on time. Nanette doesn't have a lot of leave. Most likely we would have to leave in the afternoon on Wednesday and then make an all day push on Thursday to get there. Then leave again Sunday afternoon and evening and drive all day Monday to get home.

We are leaving the kids and plan on camping on the way down and back up.

That would be pushing it. Could you leave early Wed morn? I still want to take my time coming back. For the way down Wed night:

I don't know. Nanette doesn't have a lot of leave. We will just have to wait till it's closer.

Also, I plan to run through Flagstaff, it cuts off a hundred miles and the scenery is better. Not to mention you bypass Vegas...which I hate with a passion.

Last edited:
Back