• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Worn Balljoint/ Tire Wear Question

kevermt

NAXJA Forum User
I'm installing all new adjustable ball joints on my D30 this weekend. My camber has been bad on the passenger side for a while so the tire is coned slightly. I rotated the tires once to help but its pretty obvious coning.

Will the uneven tire wear prevent proper alignment after I install the new balljoints? I know it will ride like $hit until I get new rubber but can it be aligned right?

Thanks

if you only wore one side then regardless how good you get the alignment she might pull a bit to one side; perhaps more when you brake... But you could just drive on it a bit and wear it back the way you want it right? put those tires in the back and do some nasty burnouts! :flame:

Ya, the suspension alignment will technically be fine...if its pulling afterwords just rotate the tires from side to side, or move them front to rear...The burnout thing does work hahahaha.

Back